Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catfish

User breakpoint at wglDeleteContext(hRC)

Catfish    122
Heya... I''m using C++, in VS.net. When my app calls wglDeleteContext() (i.e. every time the window is closed), VS halts the app, claiming an Unhandled Exception: User breakpoint. If I continue execution, the program exits normally. If I run without debugging, the program runs perfectly. This is a little frustrating, since if I''m running fullscreen and VS tries to halt in this way, my app retains control of the screen so I can''t see what I''m doing in Visual Studio to try & continue program execution. Any bright ideas? Thanks Cat

NaliXL    120
It''s already telling you : "Exception: User breakpoint.". A breakpoint is a point in sourcecode that you can define, at which the execution of a program stops, for debugging purposes. That''s why it doesn''t pop-up with debugging disabled. You seem to have set a breakpoint at your "wglDeleteContext()" statement. I don''t know this VS.net application thingie, so I can''t tell you how to remove a breakpoint, but I think you should search for it in the help. Look for something like "adding and removing breakpoints".

Succes!!

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
hehe, nice to see, that visual studio net has the same problems as visual studio 6 ;-)
the problem is that there seems to be an int3 instruction somewhere in the drivers (i do have the same problem when using wglCreateContext). strange enough this doesn''t always happen (i mean it always happens for the same program, but if i use another source it works just fine.) if i use the same project on another computer with a different graphic card it works fine as well, so the "bug" isn''t really traceable.
i guess you''ll have to live with this one.
if someone knows how to circumvent or prevent this behaviour i''d be thankful if you would drop me a line at: rene@kritzelkratz.de

kind regards,
rené

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
I had this same problem today too. I updated my video card drivers and that fixed the problem for me.

Best,
Slammo