Desperately looking for the feedback. 2D RPG with unique combat system.

Started by
9 comments, last by jbarrios 4 years, 10 months ago

I've been working with my wife on a cool game lately. It combines classic RPGs with Match3. Long story short we made a playable demo and looking for your feedback before sending the game to publishers.

You can download demo from our project page: 

Advertisement

Hi there!

I liked your game very much and would like to help you to localize it into Russian. It will help you boost your sales and promote this game to the Russian market.

I am a professional Russian translator and I have thorough experience in the translation of games and apps (Dragon Nest Mobile, Senzit, Steps in 50 Languages etc).

Please contact me if you are interested and discuss the details.

I will look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Ilya Bykov

Best regards,

Ilya Bykov

Professional Russian Translator

Ilya, thanks for the offer, but we both speak this language pretty good :D

Oh, sorry about that. ? Anyway, I wish you good luck with the development of your game! Have a nice day!?

Best regards,

Ilya Bykov

Professional Russian Translator

I actually really like the art style on this. The main mechanics seem snappy and engaging. The character art is great...then I turn my attention to animation. Perhaps a couple more in-between(s) to smooth that out. Ace as it is though. And background activity, although georgeous, feels slightly static. Hope that helps. Well done. 

Didn't play it, but it looks good.  You should link to the video in here too.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

13 hours ago, GoliathForge said:

I actually really like the art style on this. The main mechanics seem snappy and engaging. The character art is great...then I turn my attention to animation. Perhaps a couple more in-between(s) to smooth that out. Ace as it is though. And background activity, although georgeous, feels slightly static. Hope that helps. Well done. 

Thank you for the feedback! The animation is our week side, for sure. I was thinking about 10-12 frames per seconds. We even thought about moving to 3D characters, but this requires some work with materials which is not her strong skill as well... At least we know what to improve!

12 hours ago, CrazyCdn said:

Didn't play it, but it looks good.  You should link to the video in here too.

2019-05-31_15-21-51.thumb.png.13721a6ba8c3fde0449f7d9a1731c326.png

Doesn't game page look different for you? There are one gif and link to the video with sounds.

While I like the overall graphics of the menu, background and characters, the Gem symbols in the gem puzzle seem a bit lacking, especially if that is going to be a big part of the game. They don`t look "shiny" enough, are a bit too flat on color palette to look gems. If that is just only 1 puzzle in the game then nevermind, but if you see the screen often (like in Puzzle Quest), I think those elements could be polished a little bit.

@Twofaced(Snr.) Now I understand the name. Brilliant. 

Hey TwoFaced,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement