Side Scrolling Shooter Challenge - Eck's Type

Started by
8 comments, last by lawnjelly 4 years, 10 months ago

Coming in just under the time wire and meeting the bare minimum of requirements, I have technically met the challenge. :D

My project: https://www.gamedev.net/projects/1562-ecks-type/

Blog Entry: 

My blog entry isn't quite a post mortem so I'll be adding that this weekend.  Here's the quick and dirty what went right/what went wrong. Right: Using Unity, Using 3rd Party Assets   -   Wrong: Using Scriptable Objects the way I did, Time Management

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

Advertisement

We still have just under 22 hours left. ?? Good job on meeting the deadline! I'll check it out after tomorrow. Looks good!

Programmer and 3D Artist

Doh, I misread that. I thought it was due June 1st Midnight. :)

1 hour ago, Eck said:

Doh, I misread that. I thought it was due June 1st Midnight. :)

Yea, I had to double check the other day and it said 11:59 PM June 1st UTC. So you still have some time to fix up or add anything. :) 

I used this site to see how long I had based on my time zone: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Programmer and 3D Artist

Great job on the game. I enjoyed the music, sound effects, and the arcade look! :) Nice work!

image.png.67afadd63cddbc60b9a14c50872d0a35.png

Programmer and 3D Artist

Thanks man. All the graphics, music, and sound effects came from the Humble 8-bit Pixel Game Dev Bundle. In my post mortem I plan to include a list of the assets.

Works great for me except the fonts didn't show on the menus, but I kind of guessed what the buttons did! :) Well done!!

Weird. I didn't do anything fancy with fonts or the buttons. Thanks for giving it a play.

5 minutes ago, Eck said:

Weird. I didn't do anything fancy with fonts or the buttons. Thanks for giving it a play.

The problem is probably because I am running under wine, google suggests this can happen (I have not encountered it before). Maybe it is trying to use a font that is installed by default on windows and may not be present on other OS? For a production game, hopefully an easy fix might be to include your font files in the project if they aren't already. :) 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement