• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alberth

"Mark forum read" confirmation bar blocks access to dropdown menus

Posted (edited)

When I don't see any more topics worth reading, I sometimes use the "Mark forum read" link that clears the unread flag (or sets the read flag) of the articles in the forum. After confirming I really want to do this, I am done with the forum and want to move to another one. However, at that moment, this happens:

Screenshot_20190602_094858.png.7b86cd3bbfacb9792dfc4e4d87fe35d9.png

A black bar slowly slides down, sticks around for a second, and then slowly slides away. All that time I cannot access the "forums" button behind it to get the dropdown and navigate to another forum.

Is it such a big thing that I found and managed to click on the "Marked forum read" link, explicitly had to confirm I am not an idiot pressing random buttons, that I must spend some time enjoying my major achievement?

(Yep, I am exaggerating, but I hope you see my point. I'd prefer not having to confirm and not have feedback about things I asked for, but if you must, then please don't obstruct usage for the form.)

1 minute ago, Alberth said:

When I don't see any more topics worth reading, I sometimes use the "Mark forum read" link that clears the unread flag (or sets the read flag) of the articles in the forum. After confirming I really want to do this, I am done with the forum and want to move to another one. However, at that moment, this happens:

Screenshot_20190602_094858.png.7b86cd3bbfacb9792dfc4e4d87fe35d9.png

A black bar slowly slides down, sticks around for a second, and then slowly slides away. All that time I cannot access the "forums" button behind it to get the dropdown and navigate to another forum.

Is it such a big thing that I found and managed to click on the "Marked forum read" link, explicitly had to confirm I am not an idiot pressing random buttons, that I must spend some time enjoying my major achievement?

(Yep, I am exaggerating, but I hope you see my point. I'd prefer not having to confirm and not have feedback about things I asked for, but if you must, then please don't obstruct usage for the forum.)

Edited by Alberth
typo fix

Advertisement