Some demo pieces

Started by
4 comments, last by Kabesound 4 years, 10 months ago

Hi,

I'm a young composer in my early 20's with many years of experience in music and some in composing. I've been playing classical piano since I was 7 and been experimenting with all kinds of music softwares since 2013 as a hobby. Now I'm composing music for games as a part time job. Tell me what you think about these demos I made, constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Advertisement

Hey Kabesound,

Your work sounds great.  The buildup in "Trailer Theme" took a little too long in my opinion.  Other than that, I enjoyed it.

Thank you Jbarrios! Every comment is greatly appreciated.

I just uploaded a new theme, it's quite grand in scale, even a bit mysterious and fantasy-esque. The clashing metal sounds remind me of a dwarven forge or something. It's also possible to make two separate loops from this, one of which is more action packed and the other more like a background theme. Tell me what you think!

-Kabesound

So, the battle theme is pretty good and stands really well on its own as a piece of music. A few things that could use improvement are the samples definitely need some massaging and the drop in energy in the B section of the piece (the rhythmic composite change) might feel weird if you were playing a game and battling to it. Though you could probably keep the material and have it work if you were to continue the rhythmic drive through it.

Seriously though, great work! The piece is awesome! I look forward to hearing more of your music.

-Alex

https://www.alexmeademusic.com/

Thanks Alexander!

I agree with you about the samples! Theres some samples I'm still not happy about and it bugs me a little. I'm not sure if the use of choir in the end is as good as I could do, since most choir samples are really crap and this one isn't still as good as I would want it to be. On the composing side, I really went with the flow and didn't much pay attention about it being a good and consistent theme for a game. It reminds me of more like a trailer or a movie soundtrack than a boss battle etc. Thanks for the feedback!

-Kabesound

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement