• Advertisement
ePitts

whatsapp security

Hi

Someone I don't know for now asks me for my whatsapp. Should I give that? I mean is that secure or what kind of problems could I run into? I've been recently hacked, that's why I don't want to risk anything anymore. Removing the UEFI Rootkit was a real painful experience...

Many thanks

Advertisement

If it's someone you don't know, why would you be interested in giving them your phone number?

connectingsingles. But probably I would get some infected pictures on my android phone?

what about skype?

It's very simple: never give anybody access to your social media accounts in any way. Why are you questioning this?

@Tom Sloper I don't think someone asked OP to give them their account credentials, but rather to give them their user id (as in "add them as a contact"). OP is asking if there is any danger in giving your contact to an unknown person. I don't use whatsapp, but I guess it would mean giving them their phone number and allowing them to send them messages/files, like any other chat app.

16 hours ago, 1024 said:

OP is asking if there is any danger in giving your contact to an unknown person.

OK, just adding a social media connection, then. There can be danger in doing even just that.