Examine content of ID3D12DescriptorHeap

Started by
1 comment, last by SoldierOfLight 4 years, 10 months ago

Hi

Is there any way to examine content of ID3D12DescriptorHeap (created with D3D12_DESCRIPTOR_HEAP_FLAG_NONE (CPU Visible heap), it that helps).

I have some ugly bug in my descriptors manager, that manifest itself every few 100's of frames, when under particular D3D12_CPU_DESCRIPTOR_HANDLE there is some different resource that it should be. (eg. my map of resources on the CPU side states that there should be textureA, while in reality at the end of frame GPU sees there textureB)

I want to examine/validate the whole heap content to see if it matches the one that my resource map holds, but sadly I could not see any way to fetch D3D12_SHADER_RESOURCE_VIEW_DESC/D3D12_UNORDERED_ACCESS_VIEW_DESC out of given handle/heap :(

I'v looked into all PIX tabs, and I do not see it either there :/

(well all I want is to get ID3D12Resource asociated with descriptor

Advertisement

Hm, nothing's really coming to mind off the top of my head, but that's definitely something that should be added to an ID3D12DebugDevice or ID3D12DebugDescriptorHeap interface... Or something that's been thrown around a lot which would be merging the pieces of the debug layer and PIX that do state tracking, and making that an optional layer that can be added onto the API without the full weight of the bigger tools.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement