[Rev-Share] Artist and/or game designer wanted for VR spell creation game

Started by
3 comments, last by HappyCoder 4 years, 10 months ago

I am working on a game for VR where you create spells by drawing symbols in air and combining them in interesting ways to create various unique spells. Here is a video detailing how the mechanics of the game work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2W6GI8HQWw

The game takes place in a wizards tower.

HubWorldFinal1080.thumb.png.2c840f3fa991a7aac33e4d15f198a55a.png

TowerInside.thumb.png.b823ba43c9f2b4b136c18d840d324c45.png

Different rooms have portals that lead to different "dream worlds" that have distinctive themes. Each world is like a Mario 64 world with different power orbs to collect.

DesertLevelFinal1080.thumb.png.b0cb50a54328c4fd4deb9769286d5f47.png

MountainLevel.thumb.jpg.ee4ff94e679e8d8acdc4b252ac832dcc.jpg

Each orb will require you to solve a puzzle or defeat enemies by building spells tailored to the situation. The puzzles are open ended and will have many solutions. Power orbs can be spent to increase player power such as increasing health, mana, spell damage, or move speed.

So far the team is just me. I am primarily a programmer with enough skill in blender to create functional assets for the game.

I really need an artist to bring their artistic style to the project. Take the art direction anywhere you would like while keeping the amount of work required to finish the project achievable. I don't have the budget to pay you upfront for your work. You will get a share of any revenue that may come from the game.

I would also love help on game design, particularly with level, puzzle, spell, and enemy ideas. I'm not even looking for someone with professional experience in this regard.

If this project is interesting to you, even if you don’t fit the descriptions above, I may be able to use your help so go ahead and PM me. 

There are more story details but I left them out of this post for brevity. If you are interested on the current direction for the story I can post it here or PM you the details.

My current game project Platform RPG
Advertisement

Hey man!

Saw your video.

Pretty cool game-mechanics. 

I'm more of a 3D / 2D artist - would like to participate - your gig seems pretty interesting to me.

here's some of my works - I can do modelling, texturing, some animation, UI and motion design, and stuff like that.

Let me know if you're keen to chat.

Cheers.

www.gumroad.com/tema - Free stuff for everyone ??

www.paramonov.me - Personal portfolio

thats a pretty cool idea, and im a s*cker for magic systems so lemme make some diagrams and i will share some ideas, but first gotta have dinner 

21 hours ago, Art_em said:

Hey man!

Saw your video.

Pretty cool game-mechanics. 

I'm more of a 3D / 2D artist - would like to participate - your gig seems pretty interesting to me.

here's some of my works - I can do modelling, texturing, some animation, UI and motion design, and stuff like that.

Let me know if you're keen to chat.

Cheers.

I would love your help. I can PM you my email/discord. What communication method do you prefer?

My current game project Platform RPG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement