spirit engine development

Started by
6 comments, last by Shaarigan 4 years, 10 months ago

Hi, I am not a programmer but I have an inspiration for an advanced game engine and I am wondering if it is possible, more focused on a vibrant high then realism.  If it could be done with technology and programming today it would be the nextgen of engines.  Please email me at rhythmbad@hotmail.com for more information or if you might be interested in creating it.  

Advertisement

Modern Game Engines are 1kk+ lines of code. It's required up to million dollars and several years of full time development. Or really passionate developers. So many just for DX/GL demo with dummy Tools and Utilities.

kk, have a potential investor lined up...

and its nextgen stuff for all u passionate ones

As someone who has worked with multiple and also on multiple engines (some even from scratch) I'd say that it is not the engine that takes the most time and money to develop, but the tools.

Based on your original post - what matters for the engine is the workflow, not the resulting graphics (some engines, like my Skye Cuillin (shameless self promotion) allows user to specify custom render passes, use custom shaders, use both - geometry and voxels, and so on. It is the toolset that makes it advantageous for me (over other engines) and it is time consuming for me to develop.

What would your engine bring new to the market of 'how you create a game in it'? (Just to note here - my engine doesn't bring new ways of creating game to market, I'm just making one that fits projects I'm working on - and adjust tools for that).

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

Im a little shy on technical matters to be honest,

Spirit Engine is suppose to make a vibrant game world, (giving a little secret info...), I originally came up with spirit for a brand name for a cool gaming console, aka spirit console.  I chanced looking at some gameplay and art and just solely from the name idea Spirit style sorta jumped out at me.  I saw a vibrant more interactive game world and I figured if an engine could be made to do what I saw it would be next gen stuff.  Don't know if everyone follows me, you could call me crazy, but a little creative thinking about the one of a kind name feel and it might savvy, is that a good answer?

7 hours ago, Sable Prince said:

Im a little shy on technical matters to be honest,

Spirit Engine is suppose to make a vibrant game world

What does a vibrant game world consist of?  To me it boils down to technical capability.  I'm actually somewhat surprised that someone would invest in a game engine idea from someone who is admittedly "a little shy on technical matters", but I suppose if you have some sort of business track record it's possible.

So many people are doing game engines arround the net and some of them are on GameDev.net too so why don't you ask someone of them to collaborate with. If it is that brand new and shiny technical next gen feature, write a paper about it.

This is the same dark an doubious matter of requests we have in the Hobby Forum "I have a great Idea but can't program or doing art so get me a team to get my dream come true". Don't expect too much from your post

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement