Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

instalation

This topic is 5850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If you have it on CD, just stick it into your drive and boot from it. If your CD isn''t bootable, make a linux boot floppy (there are howto''s on the net). Nowadays, Linux distributions come with their own partition tools. I''m not sure Partition magic supports ext2 partitions.

quote:
Original post by Fruny
Nowadays, Linux distributions come with their own partition tools. I''m not sure Partition magic supports ext2 partitions.

Nowadays ?? It always used to come with linux distributions.

Fdisk? cfdisk ?

LOL! Yeah, today, you still must use fdisk/cfdisk for Slackware... But I''m down with that cfdisk is actually REALLY easy to use.

rm -rf /bin/laden

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Fruny
I''m not sure Partition magic supports ext2 partitions.

I love partition magic! It''s all I use for partitioning now. I''ve used a couple different versions, and they all definatly supported ext2. I think it actually just calls it a linux partition.

If you have partition magic and have in installed under windows right now, you can just run it, set up the new partition sceme, and click apply. it''ll reboot your computer do the work and start it back up (maybe... if you delete the windows partition completely it won''t start back up...)
Or you could use the partition magic boot disk to do it too....

...Or maybe mine works different than yours... It seems I''m the only one I know that bought a copy, and everyone else seems to have a different version...