Game creation

Started by
15 comments, last by SNaidamast 4 years, 9 months ago

Hi I'm interested in getting a game made and am looking for help and advice to do this can anyone help 

Advertisement

Yes

Hi baron how can you help, I'm a serious gamer myself but have no real knowledge of making one. 

Mordor, did you read the sticky post atop the forum? It's labeled Welcome to For Beginners! Please read this first.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Well, in principle, to make a game means to program one. And create all the content in it.

You can program one from scratch in a programming language, or you can use a toolbox known as a game engine, in which case and depending on the type of game and its complexity you would have to code certain functionality in a scripting language but could use the engine's capabilities of managing game resources (textures, sounds, models, ...), scenes, game logic., ....

In any case the first step would be to become somewhat familiar with a programming or scripting language.

I don't know about your background and your plans and you haven't told us, but you should give us some more information about your background and your plans. If nothing you have is but "i want to make a game" then maybe you could take a look at one of the well documented game engines like https://godotengine.org/ or https://unity.com/. I'd recommend Godot because its free and open source.

If you are a more serious guy, have a few years time, and want to start to get into programming, then how about getting a good book about Python or C programming ?

Keep in mind, the more you tell us about yourself and your plans, the more specific we can answer.

Sorry for not giving more info i didn't know of more or less was better to start with. I'm an ideas guy although a gamer pretty much since online gaming began I now want to try get 1 of 3 game ideas I have up and running, I don't know much about programming or developing a game so was given this site to look at. So I'm looking for help/info/advice on how I should move forward with my ideas.

I am looking to make my game for the Google play market. If there is further info i can provide pls let me know.

Ideas are a cent a dozen.

Learn to program.

If you want to realize the game yourself, as in, program it and create the art etc, look at the resources in this group for more information.

If you want others to make it, nobody is going to volunteer to make your game for free. If you do want to realize it, you're effectively becoming a producer for the game, in which case you may be better off asking around in the "Business -> Production and management" area. The first thing you should likely read there is the sticky post of that forum:

3 hours ago, MORDOR said:

So I'm looking for help/info/advice on how I should move forward with my ideas.

3 hours ago, Tom Sloper said:

did you read the sticky post atop the forum? It's labeled Welcome to For Beginners! Please read this first.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks Tom I did read the beginners part first I was unsure of where to go from there hence my posted message I figured someone would reply back

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement