Hypercasual - To Indie or not to Indie

Started by
3 comments, last by Torao0 4 years, 9 months ago

Hello all.  I am a newbie on this forum.  I am a programmer with almost 30 years of experience behind me and a few startups too.  However, up until now I have never so much as been near a game and certainly have not developed any.  That has now changed and I am on the brink of publishing my first game.  The best description for it would be to call it a Hypercasual Puzzle game - currently only for Android. 

I plan to launch the game soon and am starting to give serious thoughts to how it should be marketed. The two routes appear to be -

1. Indie - just publish on Play Store, do my own marketing and see how it goes
  2. Go to one of the publishers and use their services.  I refrain from mentioning names since it might well be against the policy of this forum but somehow the word Lion appears to  come to mind.  At a price I imagine though the added exposure justifies that

I do have some money to put into marketing so I am not sure which route will serve me better in the longer term.  I'd much appreciate any advice from those here who have been there before ?

Advertisement

Have you read any other marketing threads here in the Business forum? I'd at least start with that.

In general - you keep more of the profits if you publish the game yourself. But you get much better marketing from the pros, and you don't have to do the marketing yourself. If you self-publish, it's still costly and it's also a lot of work to market your game.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Yes I did look through at least some of the threads and have taken the views and advice on board.

Definitely reach out to the pros if you have the money set aside for marketing. They know what they're doing and have established networks with reviewers and influencers who can help get the word out!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement