[Rev-Share] Engineer Looking For Small Scope Project

Started by
10 comments, last by Copper_wire 4 years, 8 months ago

What I'm Looking For:
I'm a professional game developer by day, but would like to work on something more personal and make some indie connections. The small scope doesn't necessarily have to be the final product, just the release version so that it gets shipped. Ideally I would be working alongside an artist who's a generalist (either 2D or 3D) so that we can cover the bare requirements for making a game, would love to work with someone in sound as well.

A couple preferences of mine:
- No atmospheric horror games
- We work together to come up with a concept we both/all can get behind
- A high level timeline would be great

About Me:
- I'm experienced in both C#/C++, Unity, Unreal, custom game engines
- Done DevOps work for automating build pipelines and deployment
  - Stack for this was Java, Python, Perl, JavaScript
- Released two titles and working on two more (professionally)

Pitches:
If you already have some ideas about the project and just need an engineer, you can pitch your idea in a DM when/if you reach out.

If you have anymore questions about me, feel free to reach out. Looking forward to hearing from the community.

Cheers.

*Side Note: I'm in a mini-crunch at work right now for a demo build, so I'll contribute mostly on weekends until late August.

Advertisement

Hi

I have been working on the network game UE4 for 3 years. There are tasks that I solved on my own but don’t know how correctly I am moving in development. Of course it will be nice to work or get advice from a person working in the industry. I want to create a fault-tolerant user registration system working under heavy load. I use PostgreSQL database.

Hey Xaser3D, 

Like your skill set, how are finding Unity? 

I'm making a 2D Breaker game at the moment. I've got 2D Photoshop, material skills, 3D skills 3DS Max, Bender and programming skills, Python, Java, C and C#. 

I like unreal as well, but I've not looked into it because I want to realise a mobile game app on Google Play first. 

Keep working on your sql, I don't much about DB work, maybe a little AWS / Nosql, but limited. 

Just networking, good luck ?

Chaz

I sent you a PM about our Anti-Cheat service.

It's not a game, but the scope is pretty small.  The C++ / Blueprints portion is about 20% of the final product.

There is a potential equal ownership stake for the eventual C++ programmer we use.

Did you have any interest?

Thanks for the offer, problem is all the latest MMOs use non trust server protection, which stops cheating at network packet level. 

I know cheat codes and puzzle solves are still a draw for younger gamers so you might have a market. 

However, I'm looking for design design work, unity and UR4 level design and character animation coding or Indie 3D work. 

Good luck with your anti cheating project. 

Chaz

1 hour ago, Copper_wire said:

Thanks for the offer, problem is all the latest MMOs use non trust server protection, which stops cheating at network packet level. 

I know cheat codes and puzzle solves are still a draw for younger gamers so you might have a market. 

However, I'm looking for design design work, unity and UR4 level design and character animation coding or Indie 3D work. 

Good luck with your anti cheating project. 

Chaz

Uh, that message was for Xeltide :)

You had me confused for a minute there......lol

Sorry about that, that will teach me to freelance online. 

Work, work, work.. 

To much bug fixing and error codes O_o

My bad! 

On 8/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, Copper_wire said:

Hey Xaser3D, 

Like your skill set, how are finding Unity? 

I'm making a 2D Breaker game at the moment. I've got 2D Photoshop, material skills, 3D skills 3DS Max, Bender and programming skills, Python, Java, C and C#. 

I like unreal as well, but I've not looked into it because I want to realise a mobile game app on Google Play first. 

Keep working on your sql, I don't much about DB work, maybe a little AWS / Nosql, but limited. 

Just networking, good luck ?

Chaz

I personally using UE4 because of the speed of development, it is many times faster than on Unity and just great support. UE4 of course in the latest versions supports only top-end mobile phones. But if you do something simple, it will work almost everywhere. 

Here is a small educational game project from me. I used UE4.17 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LingvoBot.English.Russian

Looks good, hope it continues to gain in popularity (:

Now I am working on a game and abandoned my educational application. The game is at the alpha testing stage, it remains to complete the store system a more advanced system of game statistics and a fault-tolerant system for entering the game. I need testers; I want to check the fault tolerance of the server and the client as a whole. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GXD32Q

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement