Learn't blueprints in UE4 but don't know what to do next.

Started by
4 comments, last by vicodescity 4 years, 8 months ago

So hey guys, i started learning Unreal Engine 4 a week ago, and i just completed a tutorial series on blueprints, so i was wondering if i should learn more or attempt to make a game (hobby, nothing fancy or extreme). Any replies will be appreciated. :) Thanks.

Advertisement
12 minutes ago, vicodescity said:

So hey guys, i started learning Unreal Engine 4 a week ago, and i just completed a tutorial series on blueprints, so i was wondering if i should learn more or attempt to make a game (hobby, nothing fancy or extreme). Any replies will be appreciated. :) Thanks.

There is no better way to improve than to actually apply what you've learned by making games. Just dive right in. Regardless of Visual Scripting or Programming in Code you should always seek to take material you've learned and apply those concepts through practical application.

Make a basic 3D Breakout or Pong Game, or something you think you can do. I have no idea how much you actually know as you didn't indicate what concepts you understand.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Thanks, and it was just on the basic nodes, like functions, flip flop, and how events, micros and functions work, not too advanced

11 hours ago, vicodescity said:

Thanks, and it was just on the basic nodes, like functions, flip flop, and how events, micros and functions work, not too advanced

Another good idea is to load up the game example projects and learn from how they were put together. :)

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Resources/SampleGames/index.html

Programmer and 3D Artist

Thanks alot, now it is time to get to work

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement