Is there any way to add a blinking arrow in a program?

Started by
5 comments, last by Zero Point One 22 years, 4 months ago
Say this is my program runned: Hello. How is your day. ----------------------- And when you hit enter it shows this: Hello. How is your day. Just fine, thank you. ----------------------- Well I wan''t some type of blinking arrow to notify the user that he needs to know to press enter to continue, for example like the following, just the > is blinking: Hello. How is your day. > ----------------------- Any suggestions on how to do this?
Advertisement
Which language (C++, Java, etc)?

Which OS (Dos, Windows, etc)?

Yes, there are tons of ways, but some basic info is needed to help us know how to help you.
C++, using Microsoft Visual 6 C++ compiler, using Msdos.

Edited by - Zero Point One on December 11, 2001 10:13:23 AM
HELLO?
Do a search on ANSI and VT100 control codes.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
or use msdn and search for console functions, since you are not coding for dos you are coding for win32 conolse (while ansi control codes will work as well)
Can someone give me a clear example or the code I should use?!? I can''t find anything on any of the resources you gave me!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement