More things to do in a Date Sim RPG about monsters?

Started by
5 comments, last by TheMothmanMakes 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm creating a date sim rpg that will have both pixel rpg elements and visual novel parts about the Frankenstein monster who has amnesia going to monster school; a large boarding school. I already have the plot for most of the dateable characters and for Frankie themselves, but I'm having trouble filling out the map and connecting the world to the characters

For example, what are some school achievements to complete to advance the story, perhaps in mini game form? Maybe running an errand for the school news paper and such. Anything from classes to social is fair game, there will also be a town, forest, and beach!

I'm open to any suggestions and let me know if you need any clarifications or questions about my project!

Advertisement

Science competition. Debate society. Theater club. Talent show.

Cheerleading squad. College SAT exam pressure.

Pranking the rival school's statuary.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Adding clubs such as theatre club science club e.t.c.

One way to spice it up, is to add things that are possible in a monster school but not done in a normal school, add a weird club such as a prank club, where the leader is the one with the most pranks.

Also since this is a school based game, DEFINITELY ADD BULLIES, they will spice up the gameplay in ways you can't imagine.

Depending on the vibe you are going for

Maybe Tag or hide and seek with the linvisble man or maybe he is creeping on someone. 

Someone put garlic in food in the cantine and it is making the Vamp kids sick

Basketball against werewolfs

The werewolf guys or gals are clocking up the pipes in the sinks and toilets with all their shedding.

If the other characters  can date eachother maybe you can help or sabotage their relationships.

Maybe the AV club have problems with the fact that Vamps don't show up on camera

And definately bullies and some great and awful teachers could also add a lot

Battle of the Bands in this setting alone could be its own (admittedly very small) game. Think of horns and horns. Blowing toxic gas (into what?). Electricity. Drums. 

Thank you!! all this is very helpful, I'm defiantly going to have a bully mini game and I think I'm going to add a riddle telling sphinx as well

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement