Recruiting Talent for New RPG/Action Game Project

Started by
6 comments, last by Jozin 4 years, 7 months ago

Hello, my name is Robert Bates, and I am putting together a small team to work together and create a project that will act as a "demo" or "pitch" to publishers.

So I am sure you already have many questions....

Is this a paid opportunity? --- No, it is not. At least not right away. Though I may act as lead for creative and direction and would say this is overall "my" project, apart of the agreement, if you are accepted, is that you get equal ownership and rights of this project, plus any potential future royalties, at an equal percentage as every other team member, including myself.

Why might this be a good idea for me, even if I'm not getting paid? --- It is an opportunity to at least get your work more out there. I already have big name publishes interested in at least taking a look at us. And if nothing else, it is at least good experience at the end of the day.

OK. So, what is this project exactly? --- Truth is, there is multiple concepts currently on the table, however there is a specific focus. This project in lamest terms would be described as a, Fantasy, RPG, Action, Adventure, Video Game.

Who/What am I looking for? --- At the moment putting together a small team of the following,

- Lead Sound Producer

Will need original music, possible voice acting, sound effect, ect. Very important that the music adds to the atmosphere of everything.

- Lead Programmer

What I am looking for in a Programmer is someone who has the ability to program graphics, gameplay, audio, and everything else needed to have a small project at least in a good playable state. Real time or pause and go action type gameplay.

- Lead Artist

2D and/or 3D art. Any style that has a nice clean look. Will need character models for hero's and enemies as well as items and environments, ect. Very important that the world feels very atmospheric and connected seamlessly.

- Lead Writer (Story/Character)

Help flesh out and write deep interesting characters and overall arching story line. Very important to have everything make sense and connect/flow seamlessly. Key story components are already in concept.

If you are interested please send me an email with your application including a sample of work at robertbates1040@gmail.com with "PROJECT" as the Subject. Any questions can also be emailed or asked here in the forum. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

If you are interested in one of the other positions and want more details for those specific roles, please look for them posted in their respective area here on the forums.

Advertisement

Does the story have a specific guideline you want it to follow and do you have specific character preferences?

As you mentioned you have key components in concept already.

Thanks!

~Ryan

12 hours ago, BlueFlute said:

Does the story have a specific guideline you want it to follow and do you have specific character preferences?

As you mentioned you have key components in concept already.

Thanks!

~Ryan

To an extent, yes. Please contact me via email at robertbates1040@gmail.com or private message me on here for more specific details. 

However here I can say yes there are some preferences/guidelines such as human and non-human characters. For the starting scope of this project a focus on about 6 characters. 

Story  guideline is pretty open and free for the most part. What "guidelines" there are are basically to bring everything together from key event to key event and such, but you will have a lot of freedom. However the primary focus for the project is the establishment of characters, the world, and a primary directive to push the story forward if/when the project advances into deeper development stages.

Again please email or private message me if you're interested in discussing character, story, or world details/concepts more in-depthly. Thank you. 

Edited*

Good afternoon,

I like the sound of this ambitious project. I offer up my talents as an artist, voice acting and maybe some music.

Send me a private message for some samples.

I look forward to the possibility of working on your team.

Best regards,

John

John, I have sent you a message.

Update - A music composer/sound designer has been selected to the team. All other positions are still open, and other sound designers for voice acting and sound effect purposes will still be looked at for consideration.

Thank you to all those I've received messages from. Due to the volume of applicants, you may not receive a response immediately, but I assure you every one will be responded to.

Thank You

-R. Bates

I have been getting inquiries about if submissions are still being taken. Indeed they are. Thank you to all that have submitted. Please note that man power is currently low and everyone will be responded to as soon as possible. 

- R.  Bates

Im actually worked on some fps project, check my profile for more

Jeronimo!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement