Any free Visual compiler?

Started by
19 comments, last by ybkezada 22 years, 4 months ago
Does anybody knows about any free visual c++ compiler? Thanks
:: All who opose me beware ::
Advertisement
You won''t find ''Visual C++'' for free (legally), as it is a commercial product. But if you are looking for a good C++ compiler, I would recommend MinGW. As for the visual part, you can get a nice IDE for it.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
This raises an interesting point, though... it seems that more and more people are assuming that the language is called "Visual C++" - a sign of pretty damn good advertising by Microsoft! Or is it?

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
that''s right Oluseyi, I''m looking for a Visual compiler for the C++ programming language...
quote:Original post by Oluseyi
This raises an interesting point, though... it seems that more and more people are assuming that the language is called "Visual C++" - a sign of pretty damn good advertising by Microsoft! Or is it?

I notice people doing it a lot too. I''ll always point out that there is no such language as Visual C++. How people get the impression that the language is Visual C++? I''m not sure. There''s plenty of compilers and books out there to give them other false conceptions.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
quote:Original post by ybkezada
that''s right Oluseyi, I''m looking for a Visual compiler for the C++ programming language...

There''s no such thing as a "visual compiler"; the visual aspect of development is called an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), and many can be used with different compilers. A good free one is Dev-C++, available at www.bloodshed.net, which integrates well with both the MinGW and Borland command-line compilers.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
I know, the thing that I don''t know is, how can I design a windows window? like Visual Basic or something...
You code it

-----------------------
0wn 0wn 0wn your goat
gently down the pw33n
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
quote:
There's no such thing as a "visual compiler"

What about LabView?

quote:
I know, the thing that I don't know is, how can I design a windows window? like Visual Basic or something...

You wouldn't - you'd use notepad and make files.

I hear good things about mingw and Dev C++.

A beginers edition of Visual C++ comes with "Tricks of the Windows Game Programing Gurus"

Magmai Kai Holmlor

"Oh, like you've never written buggy code" - Lee

"What I see is a system that _could do anything - but currently does nothing !" - Anonymous CEO

Edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on December 10, 2001 12:22:30 PM
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Yes, listen to the people that tell you to use Dev-C++ with the mingw compiler. You might as well get used to the idea of coding a window rather than just drawing it (no offense to any VBers here), read the tutorials on my page or read through the game programing genesis here or read any number of other tutorials on basic windows programming.

As I''ve spoken with Martee about, there is a way to get an older version of VB "free," and it says it''s available for academic use... but I wouldn''t trust that, and since it sounds pretty sketchy to me I won''t post a link.

WNDCLASSEX Reality;
Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;
RegisterClassEx(&Reality);

Unable to register Reality...what''s wrong?
---------
Dan Upton
http://0to1.org
http://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement