Seeking Programmers for a 16-bit strategy-based, city-building game

Started by
1 comment, last by pmd 4 years, 6 months ago

Hi,

My team at The AGIF is looking for programmers who can help us develop a 10 – 15-minute gameplay demo with one complete level. The AGIF is a startup nonprofit with the mission of advancing the missions of other nonprofits (aka NGOs: Non-Governmental Organizations) worldwide and to connect changemakers for a better world. We're developing a mobile game app to help raise awareness on global issues and to create more funding opportunities for smaller nonprofits around the world. This will be a 16-bit strategy-based, city-building game in the artistic style of the SNES title, “Zelda: A Link to the Past” or the SNES “Final Fantasy” series. 

You play as a customizable avatar from an alien, yet familiar world, where your community is deeply impoverished. Your character receives an educational scholarship and, upon completing their education and making valuable connections, decides to return home and apply their knowledge to help their community thrive. 

You’ll begin by building a small education center where you can offer further education to the local youth. From there, they can begin contributing in new ways to the economy. As your resources grow, you can build new facilities such as sanitation, water, and medical structures. Once your population begins to stabilize and grow, you can upgrade your facilities to accommodate a larger populous. 

As the gameplay progresses, you’ll begin to deal with new issues such as the spread of disease, famine, and natural disasters, to name a few. Once this begins, you’ll need to reach out to your friends who are also playing for resources and volunteers to help tackle the issues together. 

The hope is that we can do this in a way that will educate players on some of the more prevalent issues that we face in the world while inspiring the spirit of giving and volunteerism. The game will be free-to-play with in-app purchases, where the money will go to charity to help people in real life.  

So far, we have a fully fleshed-out game doc with concept art, but would be open to interpretations and new concepts. 

If you're interested, please comment to this post below or send me a PM. Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to read through this. 

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

Hi,

Sounds like a very interesting project.

Is it paid work? I'm a mobile and server developer with many years of experience and I'm currently looking for a freelance project. I'm also a fan of strategy games and interested in what game mechanics makes a fun game. 

The post is a bit old by now so I guess you might already have found someone. If so, is there a place where I can follow this project? Would be fun to play the demo when it's finished.

Regards

Pär

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement