Indie Game Team Searching for New Talent

Started by
17 comments, last by Launcher111 4 years, 7 months ago

Greetings to all my lovely game makers,

Our Indie hobby game team is searching for new talents and THIS COULD BE YOU! We have just started out as a small team. Therefore, we haven't released any games or make any incomes yet. This also means we can't afford to pay anyone for their work. But if the game we have made together has been successful and we get some incomes from it, you will get paid for the fair amount of work you have done. Obviously, there is going to be credits when the game has released so it will be worth doing it if you want to get out game making industry.

Interestingly enough, we are working on a Pong relaunch and we have finished making the beta version of it. But we are still recruiting more amazing people to make it better. So we are currently looking for:

Model Designers

Graphical Designers (Artwork, Textures, Materials, etc)

Effects Designers

Animation Designers

We are working currently with the Unreal Engine Version 20 for our project Pong+. We also have a future project after Pong+ but we are still not sure what we are going to make. But we know that we are a singleplayer Story and RPG Game Dev Team. The Pong Project is just to start with something easy to make a name and possibly get a little money with that we can push the team. We also take rookies (as long as they have at least enough skills for a simple game like Pong)

Contact about the mail: leomidestreet@gmail.com

Please attach examples (You don't have to actually if you are a rookie) of your work and which position you are looking for in the mail.

Best Regards

leomidestreet Group Team

Advertisement

Is this a 3D Pong remake?

Programmer and 3D Artist

It's 2D Pong remake. That's why it's meant to be simple to make

3 minutes ago, Jacky Chan said:

It's 2D Pong remake. That's why it's meant to be simple to make

Oh okay. I had seen:

"

Model Designers

Graphical Designers (Artwork, Textures, Materials, etc)

"

and this gave me the impression it was a 3D project. :D

Programmer and 3D Artist

Well if you are interested, contact leomidestreet@gmail.com and see what you've got

2 minutes ago, Jacky Chan said:

Well if you are interested, contact leomidestreet@gmail.com and see what you've got

My graphics bin is on here (I have other art but I cannot showcase it at this time): 

If it is a small project and you need some 3D art I might be able to help assuming I can use those pieces as part of a portfolio. I don't do a lot of 2D art however, I mostly do the work in 3D then render it out in 2D if needed. Pong seems simple enough though so I'm not sure if you're putting a new twist on it, or if it's just a simple game with two paddles and a ball which isn't exactly an artistic challenge.

Programmer and 3D Artist

What you proppose is very unfair. If you ask people to work for free you should guarantie at least share revenues and not "pay for the work you have done"

We will need mostly 3D. Pong+ uses 3D models for 2D

And that's the bottom Line

19 hours ago, Julito said:

What you proppose is very unfair. If you ask people to work for free you should guarantie at least share revenues and not "pay for the work you have done"

We don't have any money, Julito. Even if we wanted to, we can't pay anyone until we got a successfull game. I mean, where do you think, we want to get the money from? our team is not popular, we don't get over 20 fans. there is no money, no investors, no patrons, no whatsoever. No one who could give us money. We are a hobby team, because we can't afford a real team. But we still want to make good games, with an even greater team. my team is awesome and is doing everything it can to deliver the best games possible, and if working in an awesome team, making great games, isn't already enough reason to join, you should just move along and don't do any game dev, because without the spirit of making great games with the best team you could imagine (like mine) you are not supposed to be a game dev

And that's the bottom Line

I am curious on why you chose Unreal Engine for a 2D Pong game? Pong could be done as a browser game by anyone who can do basic HTML and javascript. That in turn could run on desktop with Cromium or Webkit for Android.. 

Are you planning of releasing more advanced 3D games later with Unreal Engine?

Then it would make sense to use it for practice..

Best of Luck!

/Mats

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement