• Advertisement
phil67rpg

OpenGL animating sprites

Advertisement
43 minutes ago, GoliathForge said:

@phil67rpg better yet, you can be on my team, earn a challenge badge :P What job would you choose?

Phil programs 2D games without an engine. Challenge is 3D Doom ( I assume it has to be 3D) and you're most likely using a ready made engine. So unless you are cruelly trolling phil...

1 hour ago, GoliathForge said:

@phil67rpg better yet, you can be on my team, earn a challenge badge :P What job would you choose?

programming

@fleabay Doom is not 3D. :) You are welcome to team up as well...What job would you choose?  I have a few starter files and a basic raycast snortware implementation (c++/win32). Lots of art and ai wiring to go around...seems like a comfy offer.

@phil67rpg You want in, you're in...I was thinking something easier like map design, but for programming I need an ai designer. would you like to try that? Someone to invent / wire states and ensure clean transitions within an established controller. 

Familiarize yourself with the game Doom. Have you played it? I have not :D 

Lets start with designing the flocking / mad dash behavior of one of the typical non player characters as a flow chart. Could get complicated. Build off of idle, attack and roam. Describe the conditions that trigger transition. Start to think about one of the enemy characters in a scifi dark interior enviroment. Then imagine how to arrange your states and variables to produce unique behavior. 

In the meantime I'll start pulling framework bits for this...