Jump to content
  • Advertisement
phil67rpg

OpenGL animating sprites

Recommended Posts

No. :) It's a software screen blit on the graphics side after a pixel column scaling based on distance for walls and sprite drawing in a painterly fashion. Are you still in?

We should probably continue this outside the forum.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, GoliathForge said:

It's a software screen blit on the graphics side after a pixel column scaling based on

Your last few posts contain misinformation. I think here you are confusing Wolfenstein 3D with Doom. Doom uses BSP trees and a type of scanline renderer (some misinformation exists about Doom using a raycaster).

But Wolf is just as 3D as Doom is. I think you would find it interesting that GPU's don't actually have a mini 3D space inside them. It's crazy but it's true. It's all done with math.

Edited by fleabay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GoliathForge said:

No. :) It's a software screen blit on the graphics side after a pixel column scaling based on distance for walls and sprite drawing in a painterly fashion. Are you still in?

all I know is c++ and freeglut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile Phil wanders off in all directions, still having no animated sprites and ignoring every single thing that was mentioned. As per usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Prototype said:

Meanwhile Phil wanders off in all directions, still having no animated sprites and ignoring every single thing that was mentioned. As per usual.

He said he had animated sprites working on page 2. For some reason the forum won't let me go to page 2 to quote him. (it kicks me to the forum listing) He said he had it working but didn't know what game to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fleabay said:

He said he had animated sprites working on page 2. For some reason the forum won't let me go to page 2 to quote him. (it kicks me to the forum listing) He said he had it working but didn't know what game to make.

Forgive me for being cynical, but I have my doubts about the definition of 'working'. But we'll probably never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steven Ford said:

It was a 2D game

What platform did it run on?

4 hours ago, phil67rpg said:

actually I have done breakout

 

4 hours ago, fleabay said:

I want to see it.

Yes. Show the game, Phil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom Sloper said:

What platform did it run on?

I grew up playing everything on the BBC model B and eventually upgrading to an A5000 and then an A3010 (rather than the family computer).

On the plus side, it taught me that memory wasn't unlimited! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!