• Advertisement
Gautti

C# PHX-USB Printer is not working in Unity Linux

I am using Phoenix, PHX-MIELE, USB Printer. I want to run it in Unity - Linux CentOs. But, The problem is when I print a test ticket from Linux CentOs, Its not printing correctly as it appears blurry and fonts are overlapped. I have installed proper drivers as well for Phoenix USB printer for Linux CentOs. I have checked the all dip switches as well. But I got no any success.

>>>   Model Number             :      PHX-MIELE, 12 VOLTS DC, USB Printer

>>>   Serial Numnber (ID)     :      192302433

Advertisement

Sounds like a hardware or driver issue, nothing to do with Unity. Is there a calibration process you need to go through with that kind of printer?

Out of curiosity, what is your use case that you want to print photo-ID-grade cards from inside Unity, instead of using the manufacturer's own software?

Hi Wyrframe, Actually I have installed the same drivers which company has given on their official website. and in the Linux CentOs side, It also appearing in the printer settings. I need to print ticket from the Unity project like I have attached a file here. You can check the texts are overlapped and looking blurry. Any solution ?

IMG_20190826_192524.jpg

I don't mean try the manufacturer's drivers, I mean try their application(s); most specialized printers come with their own software which gives entry-level capabilities and reference implementations.

It looks like you're either not sending the bitmap data correctly (there's what looks like a shifting window of image data), or the printer isn't understanding what you're sending. What is the output supposed to look like? And also try printing a static bitmap from some other software, instead of Unity.