glScalef and Lighting

Started by
0 comments, last by nitzan 22 years, 4 months ago
I read in some nvidia paper that I should refrain from using glScalef since it changes the normals as well as the coordinates and will screw up my lighting. The solution of course is to enable glNormalize, but that has a preformance hit. I was wondering what would happen if I place the glScalef call AFTER my glNormal call ? Would glNormal still be modified ? For example... glNormal(); glPushMatrix(); glScalef(); glBegin(); ... glEnd(); glPopMatrix(); Nitzan ------------------------- www.geocities.com/nitzanw www.scorchedearth3d.net -------------------------
Advertisement
yes. but as an FYI the OpenGL reference manual explains (in detail) the entire fragment pipeline which would probably help you better understand wants going on under the hood.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement