• Advertisement
ancientwarfare123

Game developing

Advertisement
3 minutes ago, ancientwarfare123 said:

Preferable english for right now.

Not sure if this is meant to be funny...

If not, you should start learning a programming language before even considering making a 3d game.

50 minutes ago, ancientwarfare123 said:

Preferable english for right now.

Sorry for being unclear - I meant programming language.

Python is my number one language for programming, so what are some sites that I can learn python?

The second part of the above sentence suggests you don't know Python yet. If that's the case, is there any particular reason it's your number one choice?

I actually have a small amount of programming experience in python, because I took a class on programming, but again, very small amount of experience, it is also the only programming language that I know, so thats why its my number one, because its my only one I know.

Python is a scripting language, which means it is "slow". So depending on your goals, this might be a reason to learn another language instead. From what I read here at the forums, you should probably learn C# and as soon as you get used to it, start using Unity as a game engine/framework. C++ with Unreal engine is the other popular option, but a bit harder to learn, because C++ is not really beginner-friendly.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!