Duel (card game)

Started by
6 comments, last by Euthyphro 4 years, 6 months ago

My new game just entered Beta.
https://lycelia.com/games/duel/
Beta testers appreciated. duel.thumb.jpg.69991c6d910f9ac7f705a79e5e5ebcb7.jpg

Advertisement

This is something I can get into. I've kinda seen this battle system before (however, this is just me looking at first glance, I haven't actually played it yet) but, I will definitely be play testing this game for a while.

EDIT/

I played this and I liked it! This game actually took me by surprise. I've spent the past hour playing this game. It's surprisingly fun and nothing like anything I have played before. Was hard to pick up the rules of the game at first but, eventually I got it!

Awesome, glad you liked it.
If anyone wants to play a match, gimme a shoutout in discord.

A lot of people commented that they hated the login process so I created a guest login system (1 click and you're done).

Great job on on the game from the game design to the back-end work.

Don't do this: style="font-size:1.2rem;" to only one bullet in a list because it is inconsistent. My second suggestion is that cards need to be a fixed aspect ratio and have padding.

eh yes. probably no need to Shout my discord channel in the bullets. Got a little overexcited. Was emphasizing that bullet for very little reason.

Fixed aspect ratio is tricky with all the screens out there.
As for padding, they actually do have a little padding it's just _very_ small so that the cards don't swallow the screen. But I have been thinking about expanding it a little and adding shaded border like I did with my earlier Cardicus game.

Glad you liked the game. One of these days I'm going to get around to programming a campaign for it.

Here is some padding-trickery to maintain a fixed-aspect ratio in CSS only. If you would like some help with the UI, I have some experience in flex box and CSS magic.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1495407/maintain-the-aspect-ratio-of-a-div-with-css

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement