• Advertisement
doug25

Programmer Starting team

Advertisement

Also, @doug25, could we use a guy specifically on sound design? because I know a real skilled sound design guy looking for a project. That way I can focus on the music/ambience etc.

I can do 3D low-med poly basic 3D modelling and texturing, one thing I’m trying at the moment is trying to model/Texture low poly ps one style, like making characters with only the necessary geometry, I can still model in higher detail when I need to but i still think  this approach is an important skill to learn.

as for wether the game should be 2d or 3D, I remember old isometric 3D games, that’s like a step up from 2d, but why not make the game in 3D but design the assets with a 2d/isometric basic style, what do you think?

Well it seems I am actually quite late to the conversation. Hi, I'm Balen, local writer and gaming enthusiast. I saw that the writing position has been filled, but on an indie project, let's be honest, you can't ever have too many writers, it just makes higher quality content at a faster rate. I have worked on many sides of design, from creative to business so I understand the different aspects that come along with Game Design - Writing. I do writing consultations, editorial work, world building, lore, quest writing, business marketing, genre angling, brainstorming, and more.

My main form of work is actually Marketing, however I've found myself expanding into my degree and passion in life, creative writing.
I have worked with many fortune 500 companies including AT&T, Comcast, and DirectTV, in contract writing to produce effective, well worded documents that are created and aimed at different genres of people. While many people believe in creating something first, then fitting it to who you'd want to play it. The truth is, that having a clear genre and expert writing consulting allows you to keep your game on track and a gem in the field of your choice, from the start.

I'd love to talk, even if it isn't a strictly business talk. I love discussing peoples dreams and passions.

You can contact me here, or at balenmb@live.com

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2019 at 11:27 AM, Franken-Stone said:

I can do 3D low-med poly basic 3D modelling and texturing

Hi Franken-Stone

If we go down the 3d route these could be useful to the grioup *group I think with a bit of genre and story in place it would

give you a better idea of what to model

I think you could do it

2d isometric style could work, if we start small 

I want to try doing a sort of point and click adventure game with elements of rpg

Edited by doug25
dash in wrong place

@SonaScenic hey dude, sorry i wasnt able to answer.
Wich type of art specific? I mean Drawing [Started two weeks ago] / Modelling [ meh ] / Map Editing [i guess im ok here] ? 
I mainly working on my Programming skills and read things about how does animation work.

Hey doug25, sorry for the delay answering, I just started a new job and it’s pretty physically demanding, I work late and just crashed out when I got back last night, I’m just getting used to it. 

I think an Egyptian or medieval style would be good, I meant to say if it was 2d/isometric then it would probably use sprites as animation but I was suggesting going 3D but with a simplicity of 3D models that are designed so that they are not too complex.

i could make some medieval music, the music on my YouTube page is just some stuff I was working on but I can easily do different styles. Anyway I’m back to work in a couple of hours but I will check this board on my phone. Speak soon 😁👍

A couple of games I loved growing up

I could list other examples but I like the medieval idea, we could discuss this, speak later 👍

Before we start leaping forward in game decisions, we need to know who particularly filled each role that Doug25 listed out. Also I imagine the writer should be involved in discussions about genre.