Scene created with Unreal Engine

Started by
9 comments, last by Ovva Games 4 years, 6 months ago

A scene from the upcoming action/adventure game Between Realms. Made with Unreal.

Black-Friday.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement

The vertical walls seem to have very few detail, while rest seems great. My fast paced opinion.

19 hours ago, JohnnyCode said:

The vertical walls seem to have very few detail, while rest seems great. My fast paced opinion.

Thanks a lot for your reply! \m/

Some more visuals from this game. Video games aren’t only about heroes and monsters. Landscapes and architecture are very important elements of any project too. So, today I would like to share some samples of this kind of stuff. Please rate the quality and comment what you think. Any feedback is very useful for developers). Also, please join the community if you’re interested in regular watching the development progress: https://www.facebook.com/betweenrealms

Between-Realms-image-2.png

Between-Realms-image-3.png

Looks great, but it gives the impression everything is made out of the same material. Some specular reflections here and there could make it more lively.

More importantly, where is the light coming from?

Cyrex is very important part of Between Realms plot. It’s a very powerful source of energy which, since been discovered, had changed the life of humanity. The ORUM complex, where the game action takes place, is the only place where Cyrex is mined, so the importance of this facility for the Earth inhabitants cannot be overrated. Cyrex itself plays no less important role in the game's storyline, sometimes being a helper and sometimes an enemy. What you see on the attached picture are the Cyrex cores - portable power units which will be used during the most important missions in the game. Please rate the quality of graphics on the picture and the power units design. Did we do it all right?

Cyrex.jpg

On 9/20/2019 at 1:45 AM, Prototype said:

Looks great, but it gives the impression everything is made out of the same material. Some specular reflections here and there could make it more lively.

More importantly, where is the light coming from?

On the outdoor location the source of light is the Sun, in interiors the light is mostly dispersed. 

36 minutes ago, Ovva Games said:

On the outdoor location the source of light is the Sun, in interiors the light is mostly dispersed. 

What I mean is that in the indoor scene, there is no discernible light source to connect the light to the scene. It basically comes out of nowhere. Artificial light usually has a short falloff, so the viewer unconsciously expects the light source to be nearby. While you could explain this away, things usually look more convincing if you have clues that enforce eachother.

18 hours ago, Prototype said:

What I mean is that in the indoor scene, there is no discernible light source to connect the light to the scene.

Well... Anyway, isn't the light source obvious from that how the shadows are located?)

Cybernet.gif

Hello! This is the Cybernet - basic enemy unit from the game Between Realms. The Cybernets are robots, intended to serve inhabitants of ORUM - the technological complex where the heroine finds herself during the events of the game. There are thousands of them in ORUM, but… now they are not friendly at all. Somebody reprogrammed the network that controls the Cybernets, and the robots turned into the ruthless murderers. They kill many of their former masters and are eager to kill Eve too, each time when they see her. Let me ask you, please, to evaluate the model.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement