rev-share, new to game dev, 3d tower defense unity complete info inside

Started by
1 comment, last by claudiopate 4 years, 6 months ago

Read this first to not waste time

Hey everyone! I'm basically brand new to game dev, specifically programming which is what I care to specialize in. Currently i'm working on a 3D Tile-based tower defense game in Unity. The plan is to plan for primary monetization on mobile, but it will come to PC too. I probably lack the most skills in the art department, primarily graphics work, but it's not like my modeling is great either. That being said, my main focus is programming so if you read further below and find yourself interested in the project and have a different interest, please let me know!

Game Info

TD Game ala Bloons TD

Differences

Towers are based on tiles pre-placed on a grid (plan to add ability to buy tiles, so that tile scarcity can be more of a part of level design)

No Russian dolling of enemies, different enemies following a difficulty gradient

flying enemies that normally follow a different path

Misc

Branching, occasionally choice making upgrade branches for each distinctly unique tower. (thinking something like 15 unique upgrades per turret, though that would be tough to come up with)

Initially planning for 10 distinct level layouts not including an endless survival 'leaderboard' mode

Seems like it would be silly to not include easy / medium / hard difficulties, just need to think of a way to reward the player for doing so

Planning to have some long-term progression system. Maybe related to # of kills with a tower. Every 500 kills = 1% fire rate or something like that.

All current art and models are place holders, screenshots of the project can be provided if you show interest

Advertisement

Hi, are you looking for a programmer?

Thanks 

Claudio

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement