Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ziphnor

Fullscreen problems

Ziphnor    122
To check that i had SDL properly installed and everything, i made the little silly program below(it display a background picture and draws a smaller picture where the mouse is clicked, if a key is pressed it takes a screenshot and restores the background). It works fine windowed, but when i added the SDL_FULLSCREEN flag i ran into trouble, weird things happened when i clicked the mouse. Depending on the other flags, the background disappeared, or the small pictures moved(!) when i clicked the mouse, or just became transparent in the center... Can anyone help me fix this, i would like to know if its because im using it wrong(likely) or because of something else beyond my control. Here is the very simple code EDIT: Just wanted to add that im working in Windows XP with a Geforce 2 64MB card, could that be the cause?

#include "SDL.h"
int main( int argc, char* argv[] )
{
  //initialize systems

SDL_Init ( SDL_INIT_VIDEO ) ;	
	atexit ( SDL_Quit ) ;
  //create a window

SDL_Surface* pSurface = SDL_SetVideoMode ( 640 , 480 , 0, SDL_HWSURFACE | SDL_FULLSCREEN | SDL_DOUBLEBUF ) ;
	SDL_Surface* imageTile = SDL_LoadBMP("boom.bmp");
	SDL_Surface* background = SDL_LoadBMP("background.bmp");
        SDL_SetColorKey(imageTile, SDL_SRCCOLORKEY, SDL_MapRGB(imageTile->format, 255, 0, 128)); 
	SDL_WM_SetCaption("Stupid SDL test program", NULL);
	 SDL_Event event;//declare event variable

SDL_BlitSurface(background, NULL, pSurface, NULL);
	 SDL_Flip(pSurface);
	 for ( ; ; )	//message pump

{
		if ( SDL_PollEvent ( &event ) )	//look for an event

{
		  //an event was found

if ( event.type == SDL_QUIT ) break ;
		  if ( event.type == SDL_KEYDOWN ) {
			SDL_SaveBMP(pSurface, "screenshot.bmp");
			SDL_BlitSurface(background, NULL, pSurface, NULL); // propper baggrunden ind

SDL_Flip(pSurface);
			}
		if ( event.type == SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN) {
			SDL_Rect target;
			target.x = event.button.x - 10;
			target.y = event.button.y - 10;
			SDL_BlitSurface(imageTile, NULL, pSurface, &target);
			SDL_Flip(pSurface);
			}
		}
	  }
	  return ( 0 ) ;
}

Edited by - ziphnor on December 10, 2001 4:55:26 PM Edited by - ziphnor on December 11, 2001 6:31:46 AM

Ziphnor    122
I tested on 2 other machines(1 Win2000 the other WinXP) and the exact same thing happened
More exactly, when i click the mouse, ONLY my little boom.bmp image is show, the next time i click, the background comes back, but there are little black boxes missing from it, and when i keep clicking the boom.bmp sprites move around in a very strange way...
Please i need some help here...

Ziphnor    122
I found out from some nice people at the SDL mailing list that SDL_Flip(pSurface) leaves pSurface undefined, causing some of the things i saw.
Im still having problem with the mouse cursor though, in SW mode it leaves transparent artifacts, and in HW mode it just doesnt show.