Trying to understand the industry better

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 7 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm building a tool that might help game developers to use machine learning in their games. I don't know the industry well enough to say if they are the best target group because I know there is a lot of talented indie developers who would never pay anything. So how big gaming companies use external tools for analytics or anything else? My tool will probably cost around $100/month so I think many indie developers aren't going to pay that much.

Advertisement

1. This isn't the right forum, as one of the pinned posts makes clear, so I'll move it after posting:

2. We can't tell you whether we're the best target group for something unless you tell us what the something is.

3. You keep suggesting that indie developers won't pay, so why are you even considering them? What's the actual question?

4. Many companies use a variety of analytics tools but it depends entirely on the type of game, the platform it's deployed on, etc. Companies often have their own in-house systems for doing analytics.

5 hours ago, Lankinen said:

I know there is a lot of talented indie developers who would never pay anything. So how big gaming companies use external tools for analytics or anything else?

Big companies pay money. Sell your service or product to big companies. Go where the money is. Not where the money isn't.

Moving this to the Business forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement