Hey MY SBLIVE is messed up... help!

Started by
3 comments, last by Malygris 22 years, 4 months ago
Hey all of you... my Sound Blaster live, platinum 5.1 with the live drive is messed up... does anyone else have this card... right now i''m on Windows ME, and i need to get my midi input working again... the livedrive isn''t quite doing ANYTHING anymore... please help me out... to get my sound working i have to install a windows 98 driver everytime i get on my comp... i hope someone can help me out... I use my computer and a keyboard to make my music... my music is at http://www.mp3.com/malygris/... check it out... after you help... or before ... thanks all.
To comment send mail to [email=malygris@usa.net]malygris@usa.net[/email], to see music head to kings music... Thanks alot.
Advertisement
try the oldest trick in the book. uninstall ALL your sound card drivers. shutdown. remove the hardware. reboot. check and make sure the drivers are gone in the device panel, if not remove them. now that they are completly removed. shutdown. reinsert the sound card. reinstall the latest drivers. this is the sure fire way, unless your harddrive is corrupt or you are using the wrong drivers it shoudl work. also check and make sure your sound card is not broken hardware wise (there shoudl be a diagnostic prog with the card). you may just need to uninstall drivers, reboot, reinstall latest drivers. cause recognizing the hardware everytime you boot means the drivers you installed are the wrong ones. when did it stop working (ie after you install somethign?) it could have screwed somethign up.
the drivers came with the card, and after looking for hours... there are NO MORE DRIVERS online... I did do that... i changed the cards pci slot, and i reformatted and reinstalled operating system, and i''ve uninstalled drivers, and reinstalled them countless times....
To comment send mail to [email=malygris@usa.net]malygris@usa.net[/email], to see music head to kings music... Thanks alot.
did you do a hardware diagnostic and have it come back nominal?
how do i do a hardware diagnostic?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement