Example Indie Fund prototypes

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 6 months ago

I assume a lot of people here have heard of Indie Fund?

It's an Indie game funding site, where investors take applications from Indie developers who want to get their game funded, and they pick the ones they like best. They take 25% of the revenue, up until they double the initial investment, or 2 years have passed since the release of the game.

This is an amazing deal, but they're probably very particular about which games they choose to fund; all submissions require a playable prototype.

You can peruse their site to see a list of games that they've funded, but what I'm wondering is: What did the prototypes for those games look like when they were submitted?

It would be really useful information to know. Does anyone know anything about this? I would love to see what the submitted prototype for say: "Hyper-Light Drifter" looked like.

Advertisement
19 minutes ago, EGDEric said:

This is an amazing deal, but they're probably very particular about which games they choose to fund; all submissions require a playable prototype. ... What did the prototypes for those games look like when they were submitted?

Prototypes are prototypes. Ideally, they're "vertical slices" showing intended final look and feel but without all the levels. Or just "proof of concept" demos showing what the heart of the fun is. You should assume that games that got funded had not only good demos (prototypes) but also additional information designed to instill confidence in investors that the developers will use the funds wisely and effectively. 

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement