Starting a team for an old-school shooter using the Doom3 engine

Started by
5 comments, last by nomad317 4 years, 4 months ago

Hi

I am looking to start a team for an ambitious project where I am looking to capture the spirit of old-school FPS games with linear single-player experiences and epic multiplayer arena-style battle.

I am a programmer with experience in C/C++, C# and many other languages, I've worked a lot with Quake-based engines (Which is why I want to use the Doom3 source as a base). I can also cover environmental texture work, level design and websites. (Basic environmental props at a push)

I want to use an engine that has great moddability and a modern enough look where I don't have to change too much to get the style of game I'm looking for. I would like to incorporate horror elements which is why I think the Doom 3 lighting system is perfect. (I've been testing fhDoom an advanced Doom3 distro with some improvements) I think you could do a lot with the engine.

I am looking for anyone looking to get involved with a project like this, there is no initial desire to sell the game unless the team agrees to go down that route.

If you have any skills you could offer (Writing, textures, 3D modelling, animation, coding etc.) please let me know, it would especially useful if you have experience with Quake engines.

Let me know if you're interested!
Dan

Advertisement

Hi,

I am a coder too, and also doing well at learning modelling in Blender3D. I have years of C++/C# experience, and also a lot of OpenGL/DX/Vulkan experience. I think the idea of making such a game with doom 3 is a great idea, and would love to help.

I can show you examples of my work if needed. I would be happy to help with both coding/3d models.(More a coder)

You may contact me at antonyrobwells@gmail.com if you wish.

Thanks, Antony.

Hello,

I am a game designer, but I have dabbled in 3D modelling(Max, Blender), coding (C#) and rendering(Cycles, Iray, Unreal).

I am thrilled by the idea of working with the Doom 3 engine and would love to help you in your project.

Hi,

I am working as c++ programmer, however I am very new in a gamedev. If you are looking even beginners in game creation I would like to join to the project.

I'm interested - I'm a 3d modeler you can view my game design portfolio on my webpage www.djicecuddi.wixsite.com/djicecuddi just look in the game design portfolio section there and then private message me if you want to talk about it.

I'm all about old-school. I was playing the original DOOM off a floppy on an over priced, heavy Packard Bell. (We won't talk about Castle Wolfenstein on my Atari 400.)

In any event, I was programming prior to that and still am as my day job. I am quite interested in the "Writing" aspect. If you have a story concept (or not), let me know and I could run with it for a sample or two.

Thanks...

-nomad-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement