Attempt 2 (New Idle Animation)

Started by
2 comments, last by ToeBeans The Brave 4 years, 5 months ago

This took me a little bit longer than I care to admit, but I have upgraded my previous Idle animation!

The first one that I made is at the top and the upgraded one is at the bottom. Anyone who can provide constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!

IdleGIF.gif

Idle2.0GIF.gif

Advertisement

The animation in the hair looks fantastic! The pose however, seems a little stiff (yes, even for an idle animation). I would possibly make the pose just slightly more dynamic and maybe do something with the legs (they look odd being the only part that isn't moving).

Hope this helps! :D

19 hours ago, JohnTheRipper88 said:

The pose however, seems a little stiff (yes, even for an idle animation). I would possibly make the pose just slightly more dynamic and maybe do something with the legs (they look odd being the only part that isn't moving).

I have upgraded the animation since this comment, but it's more so a shading upgrade and everything animation wise is more or less the same. I've tried a few different types of legs to prevent it from looking so stiff, with kind of crappy results, so that's going to be something to work on.

The other stiffness in the animation that you mention, I feel like, would be more so to do with the clothing. The hoodie and the shorts just kinda stick to the player like it's stuck in place, and I didn't really notice until you pointed it out and I took a closer look.

Luckily, I did take into consideration having a more dynamic pose, but I'm going to be using that for combat specific scenes where the player is actually holding a weapon and ready to go. This is more of a... 'There's nothing happening at the moment' pose, if that makes any sense? Kind of like an NPC that isn't doing anything.

As usual, appreciate the feedback!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement