Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texture alignment problem

This topic is 5850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I really need help with this. It''s driving me out of my mind. I have a real bad texture alignment problem. ALL of my textures for my sprites aren''t correct. Each sprite has its actual width and its padded with. Sprites dimensions that aren''t powers of 2 end up getting padded to the next nearest power of 2 (in most situations). SO... If I have a 88x44 sprite, it gets padded to 128x64. Ok.. So texture coordinates. The right-edge is then: 1.0 / 128.0 * 88.0 = 0.6875 and the bottom edge happens to be the same. So if I had a sprite that used 100% of its normal area, the top-left UV coordinates are 0.0, 0.0 and the bottom-right UV coordinate is 0.6875, 0.6875. The sprite is then drawn at 0,0. Its bottom-right corner is 43,43. When I draw the sprite, it draws correctly. HOWEVER, i allow for 90° rotation and H- and/or V-flipping. In each combination of rotation+h/v flips, the texture is out-of alignment. I''ve heard mention of offseting the texture and/or polygon coordinates. Does anyone have specific details about this? I need as much info as I can get. I know that with nVidia cards you can tell D3D to offset the texel alignment in the display control panel. I can''t imagine why they would even allow this when there should be a standard for it. Anyway.. Can I force it to use the upper-lefthand corner of texels? If not, is there a portion of a texel I can manually offset that will work on most cards? ANY information would be helpful! Thanks, -- Dan