OpenGL wisdom

Started by
1 comment, last by mr_monkey56k 22 years, 4 months ago
I'm just starting to learn OpenGL, so far, it seems pretty daunting, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it. I was just wondering if there are any Forum-goers want to offer some advice to a relative newbie. I guess what I really mean is: what is the best way to go about learning open gl? "Credit Card Fraud! Identity Theft! Internet Overload!" Edited by - mr_monkey56k on December 10, 2001 12:06:31 AM
"Credit Card Fraud! Identity Theft! Internet Overload!"
Advertisement

You have come to the right place. The NeHe tutorials are the best way to learn OpenGL. Even Silicon Graphics think so :p

Work your way through the tutes. If you get stuck, post some (nice, polite, informative) questions in this forum.

Also, buy the OpenGL for Game Programmers Book from NeHe''s store.

If you find that the early tutes are too much to handle, then you probably need to get some more programming skills under your belt first. The ''Start Here'' pages on gamedev will help you here ( http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/ )

Keef

-----------------------
glDisable(WORK);
glEnable(GL_CODING);
-----------------------Current Project: The Chromatic Game Engine
i agree with Keef. NeHe''s tutes are a very good place to start - they''re pretty straightforward and most of the stuff is explained in comments within the code itself. as to getting stuck, i wouldn''t worry about that at all if you have at least the very basic understanding how Win32 apps work, but even if you don''t, most of the stuff you DO need to know about it is also explained.

Good luck and keep cool!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement