ARPG / Looter - Let's Build a Team Together :3

Started by
6 comments, last by Thodemis 4 years, 3 months ago

What I Want to Build

A solid ARPG in the realm of Diablo/Path of Exile.  A gritty, gorey world with hope and beauty peppered throughout.

I already have a world that I've been designing in my head for the game, but I haven't thought about any of the systems yet.

The world is, idk, magicpunk?  Basically steampunk, but with magic fueling everything instead.  There is a lot of content we can do with the world, but the timeframe for this game would be during the Crimson Plague - Demons, Necromancers, Ghouls, etc.  To summarize necromancers were playing around with the creation of a new curse or parasite to spread the Ghoul disease.  It turned out pretty affective.  There are some people who are immune to the curse, while others have to use, say, magical barriers to block the disease from spreading.

Team

What I Can Offer

Game design, writing, pixel art, digital art, and programming: C#/Unity, Godot, GameMaker, Kotlin & Java (Haven't used much of LibGDX though), Python, and full-stack web.

My main focus is writing and game design.  I've always loved creating intricate worlds, getting the player immersed, and fiddling with game systems.

I have some background with management, and took a class in college for human relations in business - If that counts for anything.  Ha ha.

General Positions We Need

• Artists (2-3)
  • Modeling (2-3) - *Only if we end up doing something 3D
  • Programmer (1-2)
  • Audio Engineer 1
  • Composer 1

We can go without a programmer since I have a decent background in it.  We can knock 1 off of artists if we're doing something 2D, but I'd still prefer someone that is dedicated to it.

Stretch Goals

Turning our little band of gamers into a serious team.  Get a name for ourselves, start selling/publishing games, etc.  If anything we can network with each other and hopefully become friends!

"... If fate is a millstone, then we are the grist. There is nothing we can do. So I wish for strength. If I cannot protect them from the wheel, then give me a strong blade, and enough strength... to shatter fate."

Advertisement

Hey Talvysh

I am a sophomore composer for media at Peabody Conservatory. I would be interested in joining your team if you still have a spot open.

Dmytro

i'm a graphic designer with some limited programming knowledge. i'm really good at level design as i make mazes.

https://www.deviantart.com/else7en/gallery

for my arts

Engineer audio here,i can help you with audio stuff,as long as you don't ask for the moon because I help you for free. simoneprivate1998@gmail.com write me here!

Game mechanics designer/programmer. World builder. Programming preferably C#/Unity and rather backend. I can code in Java(my main), python, fortran, pascal ...

Hi there or here , I am nothing from what you requested. I am not a graphic designer or a programmer, but I have a story, I have a world, I have a prototype of a skill tree, I have a very complex class system,even an ideea about some cool mechanics. I can say I am a writer but more close is a dreamer. Just contact me if you want to share my ideeas wich are not simple at all. Thx.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement