Real life suggestions?

Started by
7 comments, last by bt01011 22 years, 4 months ago
Greetings everyone. I am not sure that because it is finals week here at the University that is given me the notion to write this, but do any of you know of any decent schools offering a degree in computer science that does NOT require a minor for the degree? By some state legislation the one minor I was actually interested in and starting taking classes in did not exist at my school anymore. (Astronomy) It is a crappy situation. I am only lacking one class for my major (CS) but have to hash out a new minor here, which will keep me here for another year (and possibly +1/2). I am seriously considering transferring to another school to finish up. And if there are any of you considering going to school at the University of New Mexico. Just because they have a physics and astronomy department with 5 nobeloriates on the payroll, does not mean they have any undergraduate degree programs in Astronomy. (Someone tell me I am not crazy and over-reacting... please.) Anyway, any suggestions would be helpful, appreciated, and cool. Even if it involved running through traffic wearing nothing but a mexican wrestling mask and using a lit newspaper between my cheeks as motivation to finish school. Damn finals week. What a year!
Advertisement
Well, I go to the University of Arizona, and the CS major here does not require a minor (unless of course there is something that they haven''t told me ). Motivation (or the lack thereof) seems to be a big problem sometimes. I wish I knew how to keep myself motivated to go to school. I got screwed early on because they told me to take a special math class, which was a two semester class, only offered at one time, and so I had a scheduling conflict the next semester. Now my schedule is all out of whack, and I have to stay here an extra year. And then sometimes I find myself debating whether or not I should switch my major (currently CE) to something else (like CS), and I really don''t know what I really want to do.

J.W.
I hear that brother! hahaha.
Cool! I like arizona too. I will have to look into that. Thanks man.

Ah, the adventures of slackerdom.
From my, probably what you could call mantra, and very related to computers. (i.e. multitasking)

Multi-Slacking - "I can only do one thing at a time, but I can avoid
doing many things simultaneously." -- Unknown

quote:Original post by bt01011
Multi-Slacking - "I can only do one thing at a time, but I can avoid doing many things simultaneously." -- Unknown

LOL that rules

"So crucify the ego, before it''s far too late. To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical, and you will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that''s imagined and all conceivable."
- Tool
------------------------------
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
I have heard that some people major in Curriculum Engineering : having the most majors with the minimum of classes.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Curriculum Engineering? So that''s what they call it. I do that. Right now I''m majoring in Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science and it will take 5 years in all( imho, not bad considering one degree usually takes 4 years).
I''m having a blast at the University of North Carolina, majoring in Computer Science (no minor required). Beware, though, if you transfer to another school, many of your course credits may not transfer with you. You might wind up spending another year or two anyway.

FragLegs
Yeah, I am starting to realize that too. And paying out of state tuition is mighty steep too. Yipes!

Bah! Maybe I will have to bite the bullet and finish the degree here. Or maybe look for a job at a school with a tuition waver. That would be nice.

Cool. Thanks all.

Heres my other slacking quote: (despair.com)
Procrastination - "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now."
You could always come up to Canada.. the University of Calgary here in Alberta doesnt require a minor, and I dont think many other Canadian universities do either
-iamshazamandyouarent

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement