STL multimap

Started by
1 comment, last by Mike38722 22 years, 4 months ago
I can't get multimap to work. Here is a minimal example: #include<vector.h> #include<multimap.h> multimap<vector<char>, vector<char> > dict; vector<char> key; //some lines that put stuff in key vector<char> data; //some lines that put stuff in data dict.insert(pair<vector<char>, vector<char> >(key, data)); The last line produces an entire screen worth of errors (which all disappear when I comment that line out). If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Edited because HTML messed-up all my less-than and greater-than signs Edited by - Mike38722 on December 11, 2001 7:55:21 PM
Advertisement
There is no comparison operator between vectors, even vectors. Therefore, the multimap cannot order your keys. If you want to store strings... store std::strings.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Thanks.

(I also found out that the key has to be const, and this eliminated most of the errors)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement