Dissasembly

Started by
4 comments, last by gavco98 22 years, 4 months ago
I am trying to dissasemble an exe, and have managed to use a good utility to convert it to asm. Unfortunately i do not understand asm, only c++. Is there any way to convert asm to c++, and if not how can i dissasemble straight to c++? Thanks for your help G Coates ------------------------------------------------------------
Gavin Coates
Co-Founder
http://www.multiplayercentral.co.uk
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]
Advertisement
nope, because compilers compile code differently. a really good utility to use for dissassembling Win32 image and object files is "dumpbin.exe" which comes with Visual Studio. assembly language instructions are pretty intuative, tho. (i.e. "add eax, ebx" means add the value of register "ebx" to register "eax" and store the result in "eax").

hope this helps.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
You can''t disassemble straight to C++. There is a way to convert assembly to C++, but it''s expensive and time consuming: hire a programmer and let him do the conversion.
cheers for the quick responses!

I dont have any money to hire a programmer

Im sure it must be possible to convert asm into its equivelent C++ code, but i doubt the cpp code would be in a form that would compile. There must be a utility out there somewhere...
Gavin Coates
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~csmweb/dcc.html. Use at your own risk.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
thank you, i knew it must be possible some how! Ill give it a try now...
Gavin Coates

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement