yea yea yea i love OGL and i have a question

Started by
5 comments, last by SonShadowCat 22 years, 4 months ago
after putting off OGL for about 1 month i finally went bak at it and im up and running at mach 5 i just created a scene that has 2 textured cubes floating around with 2 light sources. 1 light is red and on the left and the other is on the right and is green i was wondering how many different lights can u put into one scene? i would do it myself but i dont want to risk screwing up my comp when i can ask one u of brilliant humans ^^ thx "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose"
--------------------------------- "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC Oh the possibilities!!Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
Advertisement
quote:Original post by SonShadowCat
i just created a scene that has 2 textured cubes floating around with 2 light sources. 1 light is red and on the left and the other is on the right and is green

As many as your hardware or software renderer supports. Do you want it to be fast? Well, then exclude the software rendered. Use glGet (with GL_MAX_LIGHTS) to look up how many lights are supported.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
how does glGet (with GL_MAX_LIGHTS) work?

does it simply state how many lights there are on the screen?

"Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose"
--------------------------------- "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC Oh the possibilities!!Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
OpenGL compliance guarantees at least 8 lights.
Usually you don''t get more. You can check it as Null and Void said.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
hmm 8 huh, hmm i can have fun with 8

i can just imagine 8 lights, 2 textured cubes, and blending

oh yea, i get an orgasm just thinkin about it ^^

quote:Original post by SonShadowCat
i can just imagine 8 lights, 2 textured cubes, and blending

Good bye fillrate!

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
fine 3 lights

im just happy that i was 85% able to write the whole 2 cube thingy with out lookin at my notes

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement