Donation to NeHe & family?

Started by
5 comments, last by TerraX 22 years, 4 months ago
I''ve been away from coding for approx 3 months due to starting a new 12 hr a day job. Just come on recently and heard the bad news... even though I don''t know Nehe, I wanna help some way with the cost of everything. I''m posting here ''cause I''m from England and am not sure how to give cash, I''ve got no credit card. Someone, please advise me, I wanna help in some kind of way.
Advertisement
He posted his address in the news a couple days ago. You''ll have to get something like an international money order that he won''t have to convert to Canadian currency.
I''m going to have to do the same thing, but I have to wait till monday to get my next paycheck because I don''t even have enough to buy food till then. (time to raid my parent''s refrigerator)

-----------------------------------
"An it harm none, do as ye will"
------------------------------Piggies, I need more piggies![pig][pig][pig][pig][pig][pig]------------------------------Do not invoke the wrath of the Irken elite. [flaming]
Money orders are definitely a great thing to send, however if you have a chequing account I believe paypal can be used then (even without a credit card). Check the news site for more info.

The donations in this last little while have been quite incredible and those who are donating have my deepest thanks. Like my brother, I wish there was some way to repay you all for what you have done, said, or plan to do.

A number of the comments/mails were sent to myself as well, and the vast number of people from all over the place offering condolence or prayer was phenomenal. As NeHe said, "They help so much in these times."

Thank you to any who have donated in the last few days. What you have sent has truly helped in the cost of the funeral. Any bit helps as you well know. My dad broke down when my brother handed him the money that came in. You have made him that much more happier in such a sad time. For that moment alone I thank you.

To those who are unable to donate, keep learning from the tutorials and passing on your knowledge to others so they too may learn. This is one of the greatest gifts you can offer.

Sean Molofee
HeFr - Helium Farts - his brother
Is it ok to just write a check from an American bank? NationBank or Wachovia or something like that from my
checking account? I''d rather not use PayPal if I can
help it

Yes, I would like to know too if it is OK to send a check from an American bank such as Bank of America. I don''t like my personal info floating around the net no matter how secure the site is (just don''t trust them...). I could use Western Union but don''t want to hastle NeHe going there, picking it up and other things...

What do you think?

Same here, wondering if it is ok to send a regular check from an American bank. Would be a lot easier and I don''t want to use Paypal or any of these services that ask for an email address or any other information.
I lived in Canada for some time (Winnipeg Mb.) and I do not know what bank NeHe ueses but CIBC and TD never had a proble cashing checks from U.S. banks, that would bet a hold on them for a few days somtime but naver any major problems. but I do not now what bank he ueses so it may be more probles than that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement