low FPS on win98SEC

Started by
3 comments, last by Xeno 22 years, 4 months ago
hi , im developing a directx8 application on windowed mode rendering. the thing is that when i run it on win2000 its running very fast , like i want , but , when i run it on win98sec , it drops down to something like 2 FPS , does anyone ever experienced something like that? (remember im rendering on windowed mode)

------------------------------- Goblineye Entertainment------------------------------

Advertisement
Well, I''m writing a DX8 application running in windowed mode and I''m getting between 130 - 230 FPS (depending on how complex the scene is), on Win98SE. I''m using a PIII 500 with 128MB RAM and a ATI Radeon 64MB DDR. With frame rates as low as that, I can only conclude that there must be something wrong with your code. Thats just a guess, mind....so don''t be offended

RM.

Tron Software

-=Kicking Butt and Writing Code=-
2 FPS is definitely REFERENCE DEVICE, if the SDK is installed on your Win98SE.
Debug and try to figure out, if the device switches to the reference/hel device. Might be a driver issue...
A little unrelated i know, but...
I did a program on QBasic a couple of years ago on a 286 while at collage. I brought it home to my P266 and it ran about a hundred times slower!
Never did find out why.
Yeah, I had that problem when I got all dewy-eyed for my old QB programs. I think its something to do with QB not having direct access to the hardware and having to wait until Windows allows it access. Thats just a wild stab in the dark, though.

RM.

Tron Software

-=Kicking Butt and Writing Code=-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement