a MUST download! Last version released!!

Started by
9 comments, last by MindWipe 22 years, 3 months ago
We have released the final version of HemoHes World Championshit 2001!! It has been online for about one year soon! And lots of changes has been made. And now we have released the last version of this fun and original skiing game! Check it out: http://hemohes.4t.com It's really great to find it on so many sites (~20-30). And we hope you have as fun playing it as we had making it. And it's only 1.08mb and we promise you lots of fun hours playing it! Please download and try it, we have put lots of work into it. And in this final version we have hoped to fix all the bugs. No bugs have been found during beta tests so it seems good. And please post your comments! Thank you for reading, MindWipe "If it doesn't fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway." Edited by - MindWipe on December 12, 2001 3:44:42 PM
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Advertisement
Please someone try it out!!!
Atleast check out the site! And it''s an original and fun 2D game that only takes 1.08mb!

Thank you

/MindWipe

"If it doesn''t fit, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacement anyway."
Maybe it''s just me but I can''t seem to go uphill. I go uphill a while and then run out of momentum and slide back... The opponents have the same problem but after a while they speed up magically and get over the hills... Mmmm I probably don''t understand the game but at the moment I don''t have enough time to put a lot of effort in.
Graphics look very nice though (maybe up the resolution a bit?) Also a little more varied gameplay would be nice as just pressing forward gets a little boring in the long run... Although that might again be the result of me not understanding the game...

Jasper
downloaded....will play at lunch
I get stuck trying to go uphill too. The computer players sort of "see-saw" back and forth for a while and then get enough momentum to clear the hill, but I just slow down to a crawl. Maybe you need to look at you acceleration component and ensure it is aligned with the skiing surface...

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Belive me, the only thing you need is practise.
Try Santa Park, it''s kinda flat. And you know that you can use hemohes on ''h''?

You need to take hemohes before big hills(but you can manage without, I have, in every single map). And allways glide in downhills. After you''ve gotten the hang of it it will be fine and it''s possible to finish eveyr map in under 30sec.

I know the resolution is a ''bit'', but this way I can do lots of software effects and it will still work on a P166 or something like it.

Good luck!

Thank you all for trying.

One other thing about the accelerating, this is v.1.3. It has been tweeked so it is fine now. A few other have said that it is hard but later they have relized that it isn''t that hard.

Have fun

/MindWipe

yeah the one thing that was pissing me off was that if you get stuck going up a hill (like on a little plateau) there didn't seem to be anyway to start going again. or at least it's not intuitive.

i get how to do it now (only accelerate when you're approaching a hill). the problem is i got caught in familarity of other games where you have to hold down the accelerate button to go. so in this game you run out of energy or something.

-me

Edited by - Palidine on December 13, 2001 8:27:46 PM
That''s true, I also think you are used to the "hold down the accelerating button all the time". I tried playing trough every map without hemohes hes and did so without problems.

Try some more - it''s not hard!

/MindWipe

Yeah. I know it''s pathetic to keep the topic alive like this

But. Please, more people download it. Lotsa fun. 2D with software effects!! No 3D!! No tetris or pong or bomberman clone!

/MindWipe

I played for the funny music.

But I kept getting caught on hills. There should be a way to go back a little so you can restart and gain enough momentum. Otherwise is fun.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement