What monsters would u like to see?

Started by
57 comments, last by SonShadowCat 22 years, 4 months ago
i am planning do do a little text game while im learning OGL( i need to do something) i was hoping that some of you humans can give me some ideas for monsters that you would like in the "game", plz give a very good/great description so that u didnt waste brain power for nothing ^^ i would do this myself but i am very bad when it comes to monsters and their names, + descriptions thx for ure help "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose"
--------------------------------- "Those who serve no purpose, have no purpose."- SSC Oh the possibilities!!Edited By - SonShadowCat on Your Girlfriends Birthday
Advertisement
the vorpal bunny
he''s cute and fuzzy, with huge sharp teeth!
he''ll bite your head off!
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
The worst monsters of all...

Humans. Or ogres. I hate ogres. (Shrek is cool though. He doesn''t have very good taste in food, but he is all right.)
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Vorpal bun-wait, that was taken? dammit (side note, i had an old mac world buildering game in my youth with one of those. The picture of it when you die...those huge teeth....beedy eyes.... two inches from your face....it scared the hell outa me.)

Still, my monster vote goes to undead. zombies, skeletons, lichs....they are cool, scarey, and smelly. Perfect enemies. I refuse to make a game without ''em
Funny thing is... this is a text based game

We can't "see" any monsters. Why would you need a description?

I think an incredibly scary enemy in a text based game would be the number 7.

Because one time I heard that 7 8 9. (Seven ate nine).

Number-cannibalism.

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on December 12, 2001 8:08:23 PM
i remember the vorpal bunny from radical castle on mac!!!

it was pretty much the only game i played on mac, they had it on their old black & white classics at school...
The Razorjaw Zorn

This mot*a f***** is a darkbrown to greyish ball of rippled skinned flesh with four small but fast and agile legs.
It has no eyes, but can smell your age at a distance of 3 km and sense heat and heatsignature of an unlit match at a distance of 2.3 km.

But the most noticeable feature is its razorteeth clad mouth, facing straight upwards, looking like the body been cleaved in the middle.

The Zorn has almost no brain, but most of its intestines consists of one giant stomach, and with great hunger for flesh every five minutes or so.

The Zorn attacks by leaping over its victim, trying to swallow it in one go, or nabbing elephant sized chunks of meat and bone from a larger victims body.

The favorite attack of the Zorn is to hibernate underneath the soil, waiting for something organic to walk right over it.

Zorns will turn to wood and grow leaves if hit with water and sunlight at the same time.

Zorn mating is done by flowers and pollen.
It then reproduces by growing fruit and trying to lure some living thing to eat it.

What happens after that is not known to mankind today, but rumors says that for each Zornfruit at least one new Zornling is born.

Zornfruit is black to green to yellow and looks like pears in shape but tastes like very sweet peaches. It is believed to have magical powers and are frequently used by tribal medicine men and some self-claimed-to-be wizards. Rumors says that real Wizards know how to safely eat them as a delicious treat.

Zorns never stop growing and is known to reach 300 years of age.
There is a size limit though where the weight of the body forces it to become stationary until starvation shrinks it again.

Zorns cannot swim and hate water (unless in treeform).
They usually dwells in arid rocky places and in arid grottos.

Here''s a sword. Good Luck...

The Game Industry
OpenGL/OpenAL/OpenNL
"Self awareness is the interaction between 3 different parts of your brain. The Cog, the Left and the Right side of you brain..."
Do they eat numbers?
The Codemite

This bug is the worst of them all, it actually eats your code away when you are not looking.

It is varied in color and usually hides under a set of void* arrays or in a very specific, worldwide known, worldwide hated, Graphics API. It is seldom seen in the Fort of Debug, rather in the WindOz wasteland, but always lurk under the big Pile of Junkcode.

Codemites reproduce at the very instance they are found, therefore making life very miserable for any good-willed coder unfortunate enough to catch them (or get caught up by them).

As soon as he find one bug and rectifies it, the code will spawn yet another unforeseen bugling.

Codemites can grow until there is no more system memory left to infect, then it start to write ''fruit'' files, sending via e-mail or writing them to a:/ when coder tries to reboot from disc.

Here is a debugger. Good Luck.

The Game Industry
OpenGL/OpenAL/OpenNL
"Self awareness is the interaction between 3 different parts of your brain. The Cog, the Left and the Right side of you brain..."
I am quite sure that that one eats numbers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement