which is better: opengl or directx?

Started by
10 comments, last by Zeus_ 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi. I just started programming, and I was wondering: Which is better, OpenGL or DirectX? hahhahahahahahahaha lol I''m joking! Just a little ''holiday humor''. =) Mery Christmas, (even to the Atheists) Jesse
Advertisement
I''m a real newbie, but I want to code Quake4.

What should I use ?

Direct3D or OpenGL ?
C or C++ or C# or Java ?
Windows XP or Linux ?
Can you do my homework for me, please ?
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
which is better?
<a href=http://www.gamedev.net>goatse</a> or <a href=http://www.iraqis.org/bomb>iraqis</a> ?
Which is better PAmela Anderson or Carmen Electra??
I know C++ really well, I started reading Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days today and read the first 3 chapters so I must be a genuis

Anyway, I want to make a game like Quake except good, like where you can blow up the walls and shoot people in the junk. Could someone give me the C++ that lets you blow up walls plz??????

Also, is anyone here an Assembler? I see a lot of people talking about Assemblers and I wuz wondering if one could come to my house and work on my game (can an Assembler make the walls blow up? Plz Help!) PLEASE DON''T POST LINKS OR HELPFUL ADVICE. I am a C++ programmer not an Assembler so I need someone to make the walls blow up for me.

Oh, and could someone plz tell me what a pointer is? Is that the little arrow on the screen where the mouse is?!?!?!?!

(NOTE: Sorry, it''s late and I''m still at work & waiting on another guy to fix a few bugs. Sigh...)

"So crucify the ego, before it''s far too late. To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical, and you will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that''s imagined and all conceivable."
- Tool
------------------------------
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
LOL HAHAHAHAHA
Damn, WayfarerX, you sound like Rodney Dixon... That''s scary... !!
What the AP said.

I wanna'' ride on the pope mobile.
Shows what being at work for 15 hours straight will do to you.

"So crucify the ego, before it''s far too late. To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical, and you will come to find that we are all one mind. Capable of all that''s imagined and all conceivable."
- Tool
------------------------------
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement