Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectX and RivaTNT2

This topic is 5841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don´t know if this is the right forum to ask. Whatever! I have a RivaTNT2 32 MB at home and the DirectX 8 SDK. When I try to run some of the Direct3D Samples, sometimes they run properly, but most of the times don´t. Moreover, some of them haven´t run properly yet. I´ve downloaded the newest drivers from nvidia.com, reinstalled the SDK, reinstalled DirectX run-time files and the problem persists. The card was not manufactured by nvidia, it´s a generic model (with the nvidia chip I guess) made by a company from Taiwan. Any suggestions out there?? Thanks!!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hi,

Yeah - I have the same video card (or chip rather) and a few of the samples don''t work because the card doesn''t support it, and the ones that don''t work run REALLY slow when they run under software. So don''t freak out!

Hola, Ignacio, yo tambien soy de Argentina.
Yo tengo una placa 3d Teppro Impact 2 M64 con 32MB de ram de video y a m{i me pasa lo mismo. Lo que te recomiendo es que estudies bien el caso, porque con todas las tecnologias nuevas que salen no vas a dar a basto con la guita para comprarte una placa nueva cada vez que la que tengas no soporte algunas caracteristicas. si vos queres hacer algun juego para todo el mundo tenes que pensar en que no todo el mundo tiene una placa como la tuya, y es mejor practicar el tema de la performance en juegos con placas 3d viejas y con poca memoria ram de sistema.
Si queres comunicarte conmigo ICQ: 92427645 (Lestats), mail:
Espi3d@hotmail.com y dexter3113@hotmail.com.

Please. Only in english!.

In any case, you can choice the game for be played only for high-end graphics card, and for old-graphics card you can made a version but without all fx.

Guest Anonymous Poster
-------------------------
Original post by eng3d
Please. Only in english!.

Why only in English?

''cause a few of us like to read

Why English?

Weil natürlich viele Leute einfach in ihrer Muttersprache sprechen könnten, aber es bringt natürlich mehr, wenn man sich auch VERSTÄNDIGEN kann?

After all we try not to be on the tower of babel...

quote:
Original post by Askadar
Why English?

Weil natürlich viele Leute einfach in ihrer Muttersprache sprechen könnten, aber es bringt natürlich mehr, wenn man sich auch VERSTÄNDIGEN kann?

Genau.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!