Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me with this simple task

This topic is 5842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to know how to add a blinking something, such as an arrow, in a program after a cout and before a pause, to notify the user that he needs to hit a button to continue! For example: -----before-------------- Hello. -----after hitting key -- Hello. My name is Mike.a -----before with blinking arrow -- (the > is blinking though) Hello. > -------after -------------- Hello. My name is Mike. -------------------------- HOW DO I DO THIS!?!? Please don't tell me I have to use a loop, is there just another command, if not then give me whatever you think will work! I use C++ with Microsoft Visual 6 C++. Thanks Edited by - felisandria on December 13, 2001 12:58:55 PM

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Zero Point One
Please don''t tell me I have to use a loop, is there just another command, if not then give me whatever you think will work!

OK, we won''t then A loop is required.

Your post isn't really clear, but why not try a cout << hello << ">"; and then read in the stream with cin << variableBlah; ( variableBlah is whatever variable name you want )...

"And that's the bottom line cause I said so!"

** I WANT TO BE THE MODERATOR FOR THE LINUX FORUM **

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP's Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com

Edited by - cyberdrek on December 13, 2001 7:00:42 AM

not clear..? All I want to do is add a blinking character!!!!!! So at one instance it does this " " and the next it does this ">" so what youg is a blinking arrow!
Guess you probably do need to use a loop, I just thought there might be some sort of command. And about the pause thing, how to pause it without it saying "press any key to continue", can you use:

#include

cout<<"Hello"<system("PAUSE
Does anyone know what I''m referring to here!?

not clear..? All I want to do is add a blinking character!!!!!! So at one instance it does this " " and the next it does this ">" so what youg is a blinking arrow!
Guess you probably do need to use a loop, I just thought there might be some sort of command. And about the pause thing, how to pause it without it saying "press any key to continue", can you use:

#include

cout<<"Hello"<system("PAUSE < null")
-- or something like this! I read online but can't find that resource now!!

Does anyone know what I'm referring to here!?

Edited by - Zero Point One on December 13, 2001 9:14:02 AM

Edited by - Zero Point One on December 13, 2001 9:14:39 AM