Please help me with this simple task

Started by
4 comments, last by Zero Point One 22 years, 4 months ago
I need to know how to add a blinking something, such as an arrow, in a program after a cout and before a pause, to notify the user that he needs to hit a button to continue! For example: -----before-------------- Hello. -----after hitting key -- Hello. My name is Mike.a -----before with blinking arrow -- (the > is blinking though) Hello. > -------after -------------- Hello. My name is Mike. -------------------------- HOW DO I DO THIS!?!? Please don't tell me I have to use a loop, is there just another command, if not then give me whatever you think will work! I use C++ with Microsoft Visual 6 C++. Thanks Edited by - felisandria on December 13, 2001 12:58:55 PM
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Zero Point One
Please don''t tell me I have to use a loop, is there just another command, if not then give me whatever you think will work!

OK, we won''t then A loop is required.

You can use the good ol'' C command ''getch();''

<table BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<tr>
<td COLSPAN="0" ALIGN="center">
</td></tr></table>
-------homepage - email
Your post isn't really clear, but why not try a cout << hello << ">"; and then read in the stream with cin << variableBlah; ( variableBlah is whatever variable name you want )...

"And that's the bottom line cause I said so!"

** I WANT TO BE THE MODERATOR FOR THE LINUX FORUM **

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP's Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com

Edited by - cyberdrek on December 13, 2001 7:00:42 AM
[Cyberdrek | ]
not clear..? All I want to do is add a blinking character!!!!!! So at one instance it does this " " and the next it does this ">" so what youg is a blinking arrow!
Guess you probably do need to use a loop, I just thought there might be some sort of command. And about the pause thing, how to pause it without it saying "press any key to continue", can you use:

#include

cout<<"Hello"<system("PAUSE
Does anyone know what I''m referring to here!?
not clear..? All I want to do is add a blinking character!!!!!! So at one instance it does this " " and the next it does this ">" so what youg is a blinking arrow!
Guess you probably do need to use a loop, I just thought there might be some sort of command. And about the pause thing, how to pause it without it saying "press any key to continue", can you use:

#include

cout<<"Hello"<system("PAUSE < null")
-- or something like this! I read online but can't find that resource now!!

Does anyone know what I'm referring to here!?

Edited by - Zero Point One on December 13, 2001 9:14:02 AM

Edited by - Zero Point One on December 13, 2001 9:14:39 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement